Effective Date: May 1, 2019
2. INFORMATION COLLECTED THROUGH TRACKING TECHNOLOGIES. Tracking Technologies In addition to any information that you choose to submit to us, we and our business partners may use a variety of tracking technologies such as cookies, flash cookies, web beacons/GIFs, HTML5, embedded scripts, e-tags/cache browsers/web logs (“Tracking Technologies”), that automatically (or passively) collect certain information from your browser/device whenever you visit or interact with the Services or third party websites. This information may include your Device identifier, the type and version of Internet browser software you use, and your operating system. We may also collect password information from you when you log in, as well as computer and connection information. During some visits, we may use these tools to measure and collect session information, including page response times, download errors, time spent on certain pages and page interaction information. Certain features of our Services are only available through the use of Tracking Technologies. You may encounter tracking technologies/cookies from our third party service providers that we have allowed on our Services who assist us with various aspects of our operations and Services. Tracking Technologies are used for a variety of purposes, including the following:
- Your Secure Browsing Experience. We may use operationally necessary Tracking Technologies for system administration, to prevent fraudulent activity, to improve security and to allow you to make use of our Services.
- Website Performance We may use Tracking Technologies to assess the performance of our Services, including as part of our analytic practices to optimize content offered through the Services.
- Overall Functionality We may use Tracking Technologies to tell us, for example, whether you have visited the Services before or if you are a new visitor, and to help us identify the features in which you may have the greatest interest.
- Your Interests & Preferences. We may use Tracking Technologies to deliver content, including ads, relevant to your interests on the Services and third party sites based on how you interact with our advertisements or content, as well as to track the content you access.
Location and Geo-location Functionality Information gathered from your use of the Services may be combined with information from third-party sources to identify your location by state and region (“Regional Location”). If you enable location services for our Services we may collect regional location data periodically as you use or leave open our Services. Certain of our mobile applications have search functionality that gathers aggregate location data about visitors and when visitors opt in, allows us to collect information about their precise geographic location (“Geo-location”). We may use GPS, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth or cell tower proximity to determine geo-location. If you agree to have your Geo-location collected, we may use and retain that precise location data to provide you with information about our Services or carry out marketing and other activities contemplated by our mobile applications and by this Policy. When you have Geo-location software running on your Device, we may only collect that information as controlled by your privacy settings on your Device. For most mobile Devices, you are able to withdraw your permission for us to acquire this information on your location through the Device settings. If you have questions about how to disable your mobile Device’s location services, we recommend you contact your mobile Device service provider or the Device manufacturer.
3. TARGETED ADVERTISING. Interest Based Advertising We may use Tracking Technologies to collect information about your visits over time and across the Services and other third party web sites, as well as information received from other sources, in order to serve more targeted advertising to you. To serve our ads, we use a variety of third party advertising service providers, including networks, data exchanges, ad servers, analytics providers and others. These third parties may use Tracking Technologies to send directly to your Device the advertisements and links that appear on the Services. They automatically receive your Device identifier when this happens. Their tools may also limit the number of times you see the same ad and help measure the effectiveness of our advertising campaigns. These third parties may also use information gathered from your use of the Services to serve targeted, interest based advertisements to you on third party websites and applications. Some of the advertising service providers may be members of the Network Advertising Initiative, which offers a single location to opt out of ad targeting from member companies. If you opt out of receiving targeted ads in this manner, you will continue to receive advertising messages, but they will not be customized to you based on your use of the Services and third party websites. If you would like more information about advertisers’ use of tracking technologies and about your option not to accept them, you can go to www.networkadvertising.org. To learn more about how interest-based information is collected, whether the companies we use are part of an industry network regarding behavioral advertising, or to know your choices about not having information used in this manner, you can go to www.aboutads.info. Please note that the opt-out is cookie-based and will only affect the specific computer or mobile application, and browser or operating system, on which the opt-out is applied. You can also accept or decline cookies through your browser settings. To learn more, please look at the cookie settings available in your specific web browser(s). Browser “Do Not Track” Signals Some third party browsers provide “do not track” machine readable signals for websites, which are automatically applied by default and therefore do not necessarily reflect our visitors’ choice as to whether they wish to receive advertisements tailored to their interests. As a result, we do not respond to these signals and Services will function normally.
5. ACCESS TO AND MANAGING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION. We believe it is important for you to be able to access and manage the information you have provided to us and make choices about how it is used. To inquire about or update your information, or change your preferences, you may take the following measures:
- To cancel a subscription or membership or close your account, contact customer via email here.
- To change or update your personal information, contact customer service.
- To change your account settings, login and click “My Account” and then select “edit your password and account details.”
You may also contact us as set forth in Section 7 below.
Copyright © 2019 | Handyman On Call TX, L.L.C. | All rights reserved